For businesses, LinkedIn is hardly a best kept secret – just ask any one of its 414 million users. With the opportunity to connect with individuals and companies around the world, the importance of LinkedIn as a B2B marketing platform cannot be understated. Yet, some companies still hesitate to see its value.
Today, the companies that leverage LinkedIn in an active way are the ones who will have the advantage in connecting with customers, prospects and employees directly and meaningfully. Yet, so many companies and individuals are failing to leverage LinkedIn for all it has to offer. So, how do you get the most out of LinkedIn? Become an active user.
These days, it’s not enough for both companies and individuals to just be on LinkedIn. All users must take the steps needed to make an impact. Learn how to make yourself heard below.
What Every Company Should Do on LinkedIn
- Create a Company Page. Whether you’re a mid-size manufacturer, or a large consumer company, it’s crucial to have an up-to-date Company Profile. Include a header graphic, company logo, compelling and keyword-rich description and complete company information to illustrate your brand in a concise way.
- Post Relevant Content. A company profile is critical, but it holds little value if you aren’t using it to share content. Develop a content calendar that balances company and industry news to engage your followers, leveraging LinkedIn Analytics on a regular basis to determine the types of posts that resonate with your audience.
- Highlight Your Products and Services. If your company has a particular product of service offer, develop a Showcase Page to deliver targeted content to a specific audience. With an independent group of followers from the main company page, this allows you to deliver targeted, relevant messaging.
What Every Individual Should Do on LinkedIn
- Optimize Your Personal Profile. Your personal profile gives you the opportunity to showcase your knowledge and expertise in your field, making it even more important to have an optimized profile. At the most basic level, that means making sure that you’ve added all relevant information to your profile – a summary, work experience, certifications, skills, etc.
- Share Regular Updates. LinkedIn offers a platform for users to share relevant and educational content – both through status updates and through publishing posts on LinkedIn Pulse. Users should share updates that contain relevant company news, as well as industry insights, to join the conversation and educate their connections in a meaningful way.
- Participate Regularly. LinkedIn provides a wide range of opportunities for individuals to participate in – from joining discussions in relevant industry or networking groups, to following your favorite companies and interacting with their content. Both groups and company pages provide you with the opportunity to get the news and updates you are about – right in your news feed. Plus, you’ll only increase your visibility if you’re participating in these discussions with valuable insights.
Becoming an active user is the first step in maximizing the value of the important social media platform. By making sure you have the right tools in place, you’ll start to develop and nurture important relationships for yourself and your business. To learn more about how to get started, contact me at email@example.com.